Organisations / Campaigns
• Agricapital Women’s Group, Sheffield
• Campaign for the Abolition of Prostitution Laws (a WFH group), London
• Campaign Against Depo Provera, London
• Defend Nasira Begum from Deportation Rally, Manchester
• Feminist Social Work Support Group, London
• Friends of Nasira Begum – Manchester created to defend Nasira Begum against forced deportation under racist and anti woman immigration laws
• Friends of Said Bibi – Rochdale created to defend a woman facing deportation to Pakistan
• Housewives in Dialogue (a WFH group), London
• International day of action against forced sterilisation and for abortion and contraception (International Campaign for Abortion Rights), London
• Maureen Colquhoun Action Committee, London
• Women Against Media Myths, (WAMM) Bristol
• Picket of Marylebone Magistrates Court during the trial of the ‘Soho Sixteen’, sixteen women who had been arrested during the London Reclaim the Night march.
• Protests against the Corrie Bill at the House of Commons leads to a ‘women’s riot’ outside the House of Commons and a few of the protesters are held briefly by the police.
• Re-covering of Susie Orbach‘s Fat is a Feminist Issue in bookstores after the publishing company issued a cover that suggested it was pro-diet!
• Patriarchy Study Group, London/Leeds/various places
• Scottish Women’s Defence Fund, Edinburgh
• Week of Action Against Violence Against Women (Women’s Aid, WAR), Birmingham, Leeds
* Athens or similar subscription may be required to view content in peer-reviewed journals
Feminist Archive North accepts no responsibility for content on external sites